Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cheers and Chiles

When you have a yen for Mexican food, you don't need to take a plane to Mexico.  Just go to Fonda in Park Slope (434 7th Avenue; 718 369 3144).  There you will experience superb, gracious, friendly and efficient waitstaff, who will seat you and take your order (and your coat).  Be prepared for meals such as enchiladas suizas and the Fonda burger, and desserts from nattillas to drinks like boing juice and jarritos.  Liquor and refreshments are a plenty as are side dishes such as mashed sweet potatoes and sweet plaintains with cream and queso fresco. 

I, myself, started off the meal with fresh guacamole.  Of course, I shared this dish as it was rather large for me to eat alone!  Then I had a delicious plate of vegetarian enchiladas, which were mildly spicy.  I topped off the meal with a flourless chocolate cake dessert, which was super tasty.

Fonda deserves a shamrock!

ThankyouThankyouThankyou

No comments:

Post a Comment