Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Reopening Mission

The Park Slope Library, 431 6th Avenue, closed for TWO years on October 30, 2009.  Even I could build a supersonic jet in two years so why are these renovations to a landmark building taking two years???  I am on a mission to have the renovations completed sooner than two years.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease!  I recommend that Mayor Mike be bombarded with calls to 311 for him to get involved in getting the renovations completed in a whole lot less time than, yes, two years.

The library is a wonderful place for senior citizens like myself.  It also is a wonderful safe place for school kids whose parents work.  I was in the process of learning the computer and so miss being able to go to the library and practice what I had learned.  I know there are other libraries not too far away but, at 74, they are too far away for me.  Thanks in advance to all who become my allies in this mission!

ThankyouThankyouThankyou

No comments:

Post a Comment